Wesley Deaton is the founder and managing member of The Deaton Law Firm, PLLC.
While in college, Wesley served as a small-group bible study leader, was a letterman on the university’s varsity fencing team, was on the Dean’s List, and graduated with Atlantic Coast Conference all-academic honors. Wesley has practiced law in the Charlotte area for more than 16 years and has been recognized in his area for his business, banking and transactional practice. He currently serves as the County Attorney for Lincoln County, as general counsel for a number of local businesses and financial institutions, and as the resident manager or director of a number of captive insurance companies. He has been licensed to practice law in North Carolina since 1998, and in 2014, he obtained his New York law license. He and his wife, Virginia, live in Catawba County, and in his free time he enjoys international travel, swimming, tennis, and learning to surf.
- University of North Carolina, 1995, B.A. in Journalism and Mass Communications.
- University of Georgia, 1998, Juris Doctor
- North Carolina, 1998
- New York, 2014
Areas of Practice:
- Banking Law and Creditor’s Rights;
- Commercial Real Estate;
- Corporate Insurance and Captive Insurance Law;
- Corporate, Limited Liability Company and Specialized Entity Formation;
- General Business, Corporate and Transactional Law;
- Local Government Law;
- Second Citizenship, Residency and International Business Law.
- Deacon, First Baptist Church of Maiden
- Pro Bono Attorney, Habitat for Humanity of Lincoln County, North Carolina, Inc.
- Board of Directors, Maiden Rescue Squad, Inc.